Are you a fan of the Amazon Original show Jack Ryan, which recently made it to the 2nd season? If so, then you are familiar with Tom Clancy’s work, even if you have never read any of his books. But if you are not familiar with his work, I highly recommend the show, and his many books, as they are filled with action, conspiracies, terrorism, all packaged in stories about compelling, and interesting characters that are easy to be invested in.
For now, however, I want to leave with you with some of the belated Author’s quotes, and a chance to see an interview of his with Andy Waits in 2003. Sadly, Tom passed away at the age of 66, but his work still gives us many hours of high-adrenaline entertainment.
12 Tom Clancy Quotes
- “if you don’t write it down, then it never happened”
- “It’s okay to be scared. I was scared all the time. The important part is to know that you’re going to do it.”
- “No man who could rationalize the death of a child could truly be called a man at all”
- “Life is about learning; when you stop learning, you die.”
- “Victory comes only to those prepared to make it, and take it
- “Throughout history, people have risked their lives for love, for patriotism, for principle, and for God far more often than fear has made them run away
- “Confusion is the ally of the prepared”
- “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
- “A nation achieves greatness by helping others to make peace, not by demonstrating prowess at war or commerce.”
- “You can always find an expert to confirm your belief, no matter how ridiculous.”
- “If the shortest distance to any man’s heart is his stomach, then one of the better compliments a man can give a woman is to ask for seconds.”
- “You have to know the things you don’t know. You have to figure out what the questions are before you can start looking for answers.”
Tom Clancy Interview With Andy Waits (2003)