Whether you like her music or not, Taylor Swift has made an impact in the music industry, and upon her followers for years now, and it does not seem like she is slowing down anytime soon. With a strong business mind, she has emerged as a force to be reckoned with, and that alone is inspiring to watch. But besides being a musical powerhouse, the young Taylor Swift has left us with some quote-worthy statements and lyrics, some of which I am going to share with you today:
23 Taylor Swift Quotes
- “Sometimes the person you’d take a bullet for is the person behind the trigger.”
- “I don’t know if you know who you are until you lose who you are.”
- “Standing there at the stage door to the rest of your life. Time to dip your toe into the deep end. Try things. Say hi already. Laugh a lot. Mess up. Apologize. Mess up again. Hug people. Take chances. Trust yourself. Lose things. Get over it. Hold your friends close. Gather your strength. Gain wisdom and beautiful stories. Be brave, and you’ll have the time of your life.”
- “There’s a general rule that I always go by, and it’s that you fall for who you fall for. Whatever small issue you get hung up on, whether it’s because they’re shorter than you, younger than you or they live far away – if you really are crazy about someone, none of that matters.”
- “I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is FEARLESS.”
- “I wrote a song called ‘Red’ and thinking about what that song means to me and all the different emotions on this album they’re all pretty much about the tumultuous, crazy, insane, intense, semi-toxic relationships I’ve experienced in the last two years. All those emotions fanning from intense love, intense frustration, intense jealousy, confusion, all of that in my mind, all those emotions are red. There’s nothing in between, there’s nothing beige about those feelings and so I called my record that.”
- “I think that the idea of finding another person to share your life with is the most fascinating, beautiful quest you could ever be on in life. And yes, living your dreams is so important too, and a lot of times I’ve put that before everything else. But then you get to a place where the whole time you’re living these dreams, you look beside you to say to someone, “Hey, isn’t this so much fun?” And if there’s no one there to say it to, what’s the point?”
- “Daily Reminders
1) Never compare myself to other people. It is comparing me behind the scenes to their highlight reel.
2) Stay here, now. I will not think to far forward or back.
3) It’s okay to not be fine.
4) Taylor needs me so I’m going to take care of myself.”
- “You have people come into your life shockingly and surprisingly. You have losses that you never thought you’d experience. You have rejection and you have learned how to deal with that and how to get up the next day and go on with it.”
- “If you think about human nature, our favorite pair of shoes are the ones we bought yesterday, our favorite thing is the newest thing that we have…and the thing we’ve seen the most and for the longest period of time is our reflection in the mirror, so obviously that’s going to be our least favorite thing.”
- “We’re in Des Moines, Iowa today, were in Omaha, Nebraska yesterday and Boise, Idaho the day before. When we landed at the airport in Boise, from Portland, Oregon this lady from our plane came up from behind as we walked down the terminal. She approached me and said, “Taylor, I just love your song and want to wish you great things in your career.” I looked and her and said “Well, THANK YOU!” and then said, ” who did you talk to?”. (and then pointed to my Mom and the Label rep we were traveling with) I was convinced that one of them had talked to the lady on the plane and told her about me and my song. The lady said “neither one” and then I said “Well, how did you know who I was?” and the lady said, “because I listen to the radio and I watched your video”. This was the first time someone had actually KNOWN who I was and MY NAME. wow. I just walked over and hugged her, and said ….”You’re the first person who’s ever done that, thank you.” It was an amazing moment to remember, and I always will.”
- “Hang on. It gets easier, and then it gets okay, and then it feels like freedom.”
- “You are the only one who gets to decide what you will be remembered for.”
- “Nothing safe is worth the drive.”
- “We mistake our mistakes as being damaged.”
- “Our birthday is celebrated every year to commemorate the very first instant we came into the world, and a funeral is held to mark the day we leave it. But lately, I’ve been wondering… what can be said of all the moments in between our birth and our death? The moments when we are reborn…”
- “When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales, you meet Prince Charming and he’s everything you ever wanted. In fairy tales, the bad guy is very easy to spot. The bad guy is always wearing a black cape so you always know who he is. Then you grow up and you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he’s not easy to spot; he’s really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair.”
- “If you’re horrible to me, I’m going to write a song about it, and you won’t like it. That’s how I operate.”
- “I’ve wanted one thing for my whole life and I’m not going to be that girl who wants one thing her whole life then gets it and complains.”
- “I’ve always been a hugger. If we all hugged more, the world would be a better place :)”
- “At some point, you have to forget about grudges because they only hurt.”
- “Just being a human being, I’ve realized that before every big problem you create for yourself, before every huge mess you have to clean up, there was a crucial moment where you could’ve just said no.”
- “I don’t think you should wait. I think you should speak now.”
Taylor Swift’s Top Ten Rules For Success:
1. Turn your STRUGGLES into TRIUMPHS
2. Evolve. She became the youngest songwriter ever signed by the Sony/ATV Music publishing house.
3. Lead by example. The release of Swift’s eponymous debut album in 2006 marked the start of her career as a country music singer.
4. Get feedback. Her single, “Our Song”, made her the youngest person to single-handedly write and perform a number-one song on the Hot Country Songs chart.
5. Love what you do. Her second album, Fearless, became the best-selling album of 2009 in the United States.
6. Continue to surprise people. Fearless won four Grammy Awards, with Swift becoming the youngest Album of the Year winner.
7. Live life on your own terms. Her album,1989, earned a Guinness World Record after it became her third consecutive album to sell a million copies in its first week in the US.
8. Stay open to inspiration. 1989 won three Grammy Awards, with Swift becoming the first woman to win Album of the Year award twice.
9. Adapt. She’s known for narrative songs about her personal experiences.
10. You’re special. She has been honored by the Nashville Songwriters Association and the Songwriters Hall of Fame.