Only a few more days until the end of the year, and many of us are thinking about resolutions and how to set goals for the new year, but are wondering if that is actually a worthwhile process, and even more importantly how to stick with those goals. After all, it is nice to think about what one wants to accomplish, but mostly that is not enough.
In order to inspire you to create a precise, actionable plan, and have the motivation to follow through I not only combined a few quotes on the subject but also provided you with a video and list of actionable steps on how you can take control of your goals in 2020.
25 Motivational Goal Setting Quotes
- “To control your life, control your mind. To control your mind, control your breath.”
― Stephen Richards
- “You have to set the time frame for accomplishing your goal. If you don’t, it may take forever to reach your destination and you may get tired and change your focus. Consequently, to help you obtain and keep the sense of urgency that will help you stay focused, you have to set a deadline by which the goal has to be achieved.”
― Anna Stevens,
- “Any activity where you let go of fears and doubts and inertia, and move toward a goal you desire brings, if not the goal itself (which may or may not be available to you) but brings you a life full of adventure, dedication, excitement and fulfillment – in other words – satisfaction and happiness.”
― Martin Gover
- “Those not chasing their dreams should stay out of the way of those who are.”
― Tim Fargo
- “I wanted to project myself forward to age 80 and say, ‘OK, I’m looking back on my life. I want to minimize the number of regrets I have.’ And I knew that when I was 80, I was not going to regret having tried this. I was not going to regret trying to participate in this thing called the Internet that I thought was going to be a really big deal. I knew that if I failed, I wouldn’t regret that. But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. I knew that that would haunt me every day.”
― Jeff Bezos
- “Allow your past achievements to provide fuel for your current goals.”
― Josh Hinds
- “In you is a formidable force that can bring the desired change you want in the world. Stop waiting for the perfect time, go to work now!”
― Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
- “The rewards of tomorrow are safely hidden in the belief of never quitting and not giving up on yourself today”
― Johnnie Dent Jr.
- “The only way to get to where you want to go is to ruthlessly evaluate your where you are now. The key here is that your biggest obstacle in life is always yourself—not external factors.”
― Isaiah Hankel
- “If you make the opportunity. you’ll be the first in the position to take advantage of it.”
― Biz Stone
- “Thoughts create emotions, emotions create feelings and feelings create behavior. So it’s very important that our thoughts are positive, to attract the right people, events, and circumstances into our lives.”
― Avis Williams
- “You can write and visualize goals all you want, but if you do not take action, your goals will never become a reality. To obtain a goal you have never before achieved will require tasks you have never before done.”
― Cameron C. Taylor
- “When you set a goal, you have a responsibility to yourself to see it through. No matter how impossible it may seem, resolve to accomplish it.”
― Jaha Knight
- “Passion fuels dreams. Commitment fuels action. Get clear about what you want to do and why you want to do it. Take action.
Your time is now.”
― Julie Connor
- “When you define your goals, you give your brain something new to look for and focus on. It’s as if you’re giving your mind a new set of eyes from which to see all the people, circumstances, conversations, resources, ideas, and creativity surrounding you.”
― Darren Hardy
- “You’ve still got to work toward your goal. Educate yourself. Make plans. Network with peers and colleagues. Join groups related to your goal or aspiration. You’ve got to put yourself into a position to succeed and then get out of the way. Allow it to happen.”
― Stacie Zinn Roberts
- “One of the most dangerous forms of human error is forgetting what one is trying to achieve.”
― Paul Nitze
- “Commitment is the foundation of focus.”
― Shannon L. Alder
- “Here is one of the biggest reasons why keeping your goals in your mind only is dangerous: your brain leaks!”
― John Patrick Hickey
- “The best way to reach your goal is to say “NO” more than you say “YES”
― Todd Stocker
- “Good enough may be an acceptable end, but it should never be an acceptable goal.”
― James Rozoff
- “Large bodies of goal achievement research encourage written goals for good reason. When we write down our goals, we transform what we imagine into reality.”
― Gina Greenlee
- “Striving for successful goals will have a tendency at times to be discouraging, thankless, and mentally draining. You are entitled to these feelings, however, you are not entitled to give up.”
― Dewayne Owens
- “Any goal, no matter what size, can be achieved if it is tackled with courage, initiative, perseverance, and integrity.”
― Angie Morgan
- “Motivation may be what starts you off, but it’s a habit that keeps you going back for more. Are your habits working for you or against you? Are your habits helping you to achieve your goals or hindering the process?”
― Miya Yamanouchi
Video: Life Questions To Ask Yourself When Setting Your 2020 Goals
If you know me, then you already know that I am not going to just share a video with you, but also give you the action steps, to go with it. After all, the action is a vital component of achieving your dreams (I did not say the only or most important component – but rather an equal and important partner, together with the development of a positive mindset), here is the short version of what Tom suggested you to do:
Life Questions To Ask Yourself When Setting Your 2020 Goals
Reflect on your past
1. What was your life like, physically, 5 years ago?
2. Where was your family life 5 years ago?
3. Where were you spiritually 5 years ago?
4. Where were you career-wise, business-wise 5 years ago?
5. Where were you intellectually 5 years ago?
6. Where were you financially 5 years ago?
Reflecting On Your Current State:
1. Where are you in your life right now, physically?
2. Where are you in your family life right now?
3. Where are you spiritually right now?
4. Where are you in your career, in your business right now?
5. Where are you intellectually right now?
6. Where are you financially right now?
Reflect on the growth, changes, and lessons you have received over the last 5 years. You can now go over your wins,
celebrate any achievements again, and also take the time to think about areas in your life you need to focus on,
because they were not as strong as they could have been.
Setting Your Goals:
Where do you want to be 5 years from now?
Write 3 measurable goals for each area of your life:
physically, family/relationships, spiritually, career/business, intellectually and financially
Create a dream list of Top 10 Things You Want In Your Life
These activities activate the reticular activating system – which focuses your brain to recognize and see the related information. See the video for a more detailed explanation.
Now you are ready to create your year and quarter goals, based on what you are trying to achieve in the long run. Have fun with it! But remember this:
If you are vague, you are going to be punished – Tom Ferry
by Brian Tracy
Everything you need to know about setting goals, giving your life directions, and actually achieving that which until now you have only dreamed about. This is a very actionable book, with lots of practical advice, no matter if you are new to goal setting, or you are doing it on a regular basis
Find More Inspiration Here: