I don’t have to share the details of all of the turmoil that is going on in our world right now, you are all aware of the turmoil that is often hard to escape from. However, knowing how to stay positive in a negative world like this, can help you cope with whatever is going on, and assist you in continuing to travel on your journey to success, however, you have envisioned a successful life to be.
“Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.”
Here are some tips on how to stay positive in a negative and frantic world:
1. Start each day with gratitude – One of the best ways to start your day and to start on a positive mindset journey is to write into a gratitude journal. It does not matter if you are using a small one line a day journal, a simple notebook, an app or a piece of paper – the most important part about this practice is, that you are taking the time to write this list and not just go through it mentally. This gives you the opportunity to deepen your practice by deeply focusing upon each item that you are writing down. Consistency is another big factor in the creation of a successful gratitude practice because it gives you the opportunity to ingrain an attitude of gratitude into your psyche. For best results this practice should be done in the morning as well as in the evenings
2. Stay away from the news as much as possible. Yes, I do find it important to stay current with important news events, but it is not necessary to follow them more than the absolute necessity. Emerging yourself into the drama of opposing sides is unsettling and negative discussions will stick with you longer than you might think, beyond watching the program and beyond listening to the original news. Limit your news consumption to a specific time or to a specific news source and also limits your discussions about these subjects with others.
3. Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness can shift your negative thoughts or worries and interrupt any automated thinking, that can come from a result negative conversations or other inputs. Mindfulness can be practiced everywhere and therefore is one of the most effective ways to move your thinking from negative to neutral to positive.
Positive expectations are the mark of the superior personality – Brian Tracy
4. Stop worrying about anything outside of your circle of influence. We tend to put upon ourselves responsibilities that are actually are not ours to be responsible for. as we worry about others, their choices and their thoughts about us. By focusing on all that unnecessary burden we become increasingly more negative. Realizing that all of these things are outside of our actual control frees us to focus upon what is actually within our control.
5. Make sure you get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can have a negative impact on your outlook and your ability to make judgments, as well as your ability to see the positive side of things. On top of that, there are numerous health implications of lack of sleep, and an increased inability to focus properly which can also lead to misunderstandings. Make sure you get enough quality sleep – 7 to 8 hours is the recommended length for most people.
6. Make yourself a priority. Take time for leisure activities, rest and self-care. Simple activities of personal recharge increase your ability to focus on the positive and allow you to stay physically and mentally healthy.
7. Limit your exposure to negative people. Some people just have a negative disposition and no matter how nice you are to them they tend to stick with their negative outlook. These types of people should be avoided as much as possible. If this type of person happens to be a part of your immediate family, set clear boundaries and make clear to them that you are not available when they want to speak about negative occurrences.
“Doing something positive will help turn your mood around. When you smile, your body relaxes. When you experience human touch and interaction, it eases tension in your body.”
I hope these tips help you to stay positive, and keep on working toward your dreams.
The Rose That Grew From Concrete:
“Where There is a will
there is a will
to search and discover
a better day
Where a positive heart
is all you need
to rise beyond
Where young minds grow
and respect each other
based on their deeds
and not their color
when times are dim
say as I say
“Where there’s a will
there’s a way!”
Which of these strategies do you already employ? And which ones are you eager to try out? Leave me a comment below!
“I say looking on the bright side of life never killed anybody.”