Inspirational Nurse Quotes – Honoring Those Who Care For Us
Nurses are the unsung heroes, that we often only think about when we need them – but I think they deserve more of our attention, for all that they do for us when we need them the most. This is why I wanted to take a moment today to share with you some inspirational quotes, that highlight the beauty of nurses – and give a thank you to those who are serving in this profession.
But of course, I also wanted to share with you something that made me giggle today, related to this topic (if you are a healthcare worker – bless you!) Quotes start below the video!
1. Save one life, you’re a hero. Save 100 lives, you’re a nurse. – Author Unknown
2. Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon. -Dag Hammarskjold
3. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest accomplishment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. -Leo Buscaglia
Related Post: 30 Positive Attitude Quotes by Hal Elrod
4. CARING is the essence of NURSING. -Jean Watson
5. Bound by paperwork, short on hands, sleep, and energy… nurses are rarely short on caring. -Sharon Hudacek
6. Knowing is better than wondering, waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worse, beats the hell out of never trying. -Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy
7. A nurse is one who opens the eyes of a newborn & gently closes the eyes of a dying man. It is indeed a high blessing to be the first and last to witness the beginning and end of life. – Author Unknown
8. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has. -Margaret Mead
9. The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do. – Author Unknown
10. Treat the patient as a whole, not just the hole in the patient. – Author Unknown
11. Nurses are a unique kind. They have this insatiable need to care for others, which is both their greatest strength and fatal flaw. -Dr. Jean Watson, RN, Doctor, Author, and Professor
12. Nurses encompass an art, a humanistic orientation, a feeling for the value of the individual, and an intuitive sense of ethics, and of the appropriateness of action taken. –Myrtle Aydelotte
13. Nurses: one of the few blessings of being ill. -Sara Moss-Wolfe
I hope you enjoyed this little video and the quotes I had for you today! Which one was your favorite? Are there any other professions that you want me cover as a subject? Let me know in the comment section below!
Have a positive day!