Even if you are not suffering from depression or anxiety, negative thoughts can and will invade our day. I consider myself an optimist, however it would be foolish of me to claim, that unexpected bills, the drama of relationships and parenting, and simply living in…
Tag: inspirational quotes
Ready to achieve more success? Allow me to inspire to take the next step with these 30 motivational Road To Success Principles: Quotes and Questions to take the steps needed to forge your way toward the personal and professional success you are looking for! Today,…
Today is the International Day of Charity, which is why I wanted to bring you some inspiration on the subject. But before I get started, I want to define what the word charity means to me personally:
Giving without expecting any return, of either my time, my money, or a combination of both.
I know that others may have a different definition of charity and that in some cases, especially as it relates to charitable organizations, this can have a negative feel, however, I hope this will not distract you from finding a way to do acts of kindness.
How do you define charity?
Note: At the end of the list of quotes, you will find video and action steps, that will improve your life!
- “Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and your verb agrees to serve. You don’t have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito.” – Betty Reese
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” – Albert Pike
- At the end of the day, it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished… it’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back.” – Denzel Washington
- “The greatest gift you can ever give is yourself.” ― Michel Templet
- We never think lightly of those who walk with us on our uphill days.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
- power isn’t controlled at all-power is a strength, and giving that strength to others. A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others so that they may have the strength to stand on their own.” ― Beth Revis
- “There are these amazing little seeds called compassion. You should grow some.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Helping others carries its own rewards, the first of which is a return to humanity.” ― Richard Paul Evans
- Fight vigorously against the wolves, but on behalf of the sheep, not against the sheep. And this you may do by inveighing against the laws and lawgivers, and yet at the same time observing these laws with the weak, lest they are offended until they shall themselves recognize the tyranny, and understand their own liberty.” ― Martin Luther
- “Charity ain’t giving people what you want to give, it’s giving people what they need to get.” ― Terry Pratchett
- “I believe when you integrate charity in your craft and not just think of the fame and riches it would entitle you with, you will feel this true sense of fulfillment.
- “I try not to speak about all the charities and people I help because I believe we can only be truly generous when we expect nothing in return.” ― Muhammad Ali
- “Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it.” ― John D. Rockefeller
- “Examine your heart often to see if it is such toward your neighbor as you would like his to be toward you were you in his place. This is the touchstone of true reason.” ― St. Francis de Sales
- “If you have two shirts in your closet, one belongs to you and the other to the man with no shirt.” ― St. Ambrose
- “The more you put your arm around those that you might naturally look down on, the more you will love yourself. And the more you love yourself, the less need you’ll ever have to find fault or be better than others. And the less we all find fault or have a need to be better than others, the quicker this world becomes a far better place to live.” ― Dan Pearce
- “It is not the number of prayers that will give you happiness, but the number you answer to another person.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “Kindness is a currency that can cover a multitude of interpersonal debts.” ― George Alexiou
- “I think it’s important that we give back to society and our fellow man regardless of our professions. We all need help at times. And when we support each other, we’re all a little stronger.” ― Rhonda Hopkins
- “When in doubt as to what you should do, err on the side of ‘giving.” ― Tony Cleaver
- “The more you give the less your poor” ― Benny Bellamacina
- “Hide your good actions as you would your bad.” ― Zarina Bibi
- “Everyone can choose to live with a golden heart, it is a privilege of loving truly.” ― Angelica Hopes
- “As much as I don’t want it to be true, the reasons I don’t do something define me as a person even more so, perhaps, than the reasons I do something.” ― Dan Pearce
- “While the word charity connotes a single act of giving, justice speaks to right living, of aligning oneself with the world in a way that sustains rather than exploits the rest of creation.” ― Rachel Held Evans
- “Cheerfulness means a contented spirit, a pure heart, a kind, and loving disposition; it means humility and ~ charity, a generous appreciation of others, and a modest opinion of self.” ― William Makepeace
- “The greatest work you will ever do is charity – Author Unknown
- “Be a gift, a light, a blessing as far as the eye can see to answer a call as well as a genuine, compassionate heart can reach.” ― Angelica Hopes
- Social media is a powerful tool to raise awareness and create change. But we must take care not to rely upon it as a reflection of our charitable efforts.” ― Charlie Caruso
- “You see,” she interrupted his blank stare, “it doesn’t take much effort to be kind. It only takes the ability to recognize where kindness is needed.” ― Stephen Reid Andrews
- “It’s hard to make things right for everyone. “But if everybody helped just one person, lots of people would get helped.” ― Linwood Barclay
As some of my regular readers know, I am a firm believer in not just reading about charity and or kindness, but that information is only as useful as the action is that we take afterward. Today, I wanted to share with you a video to inspire you to be more charitable and kind – not only with money (because let’s face it, not all of us are able to give monetary gifts or donations) but also with our time and attention. Mark Kelly – an inspirational podcaster has some absolutely great ideas on how we could all spread a little kindness, and how it will not only benefit the person we are giving it to, but also feel the reward of this action as an increase of our own happiness.
Questions to ponder:
- what little act of kindness can you do, starting today? Make a list, and do them.
- how can you get people you care about involved in doing these acts of kindness as well?
- Consider starting a related journal practice. Journal about what you did, how you felt. I personally would not share this journal with anyone – as I would consider this boasting – but it can help you through times where you might not think that you can actually make a difference, to help you realize how much of a difference you are actually making.
Easy Handmade Crafts, Treats & Inspirations to Fill the World with Kindness
Brighten the lives of family members, friends or strangers with the fun projects in Make & Share Random Acts of Kindness.
Welcome to Top 28 Tim Ferriss Quotes – Powerful Words to Inspire You To Take Action! In case you don’t know (but you should) Tim Ferriss is a Best Selling Author that has changed the way people look at passive income. The 4-Hour Workweek book…
While Walt Disney might have been a controversial character, he surely left us with a litany of quotes to be inspired by – especially considering how his idea, and company has changed our lives, and touched it in many ways, from our childhood. Could you imagine…