Even if you are not suffering from depression or anxiety, negative thoughts can and will invade our day. I consider myself an optimist, however it would be foolish of me to claim, that unexpected bills, the drama of relationships and parenting, and simply living in…
When reading self-help books, or even devotionals, the topic of keeping a daily journal is often discussed and suggested. However, putting this practice into a daily routine is another step entirely. While I suggest adding journaling to both of your morning and evening routine, I…
Welcome to Top 28 Tim Ferriss Quotes – Powerful Words to Inspire You To Take Action!
In case you don’t know (but you should) Tim Ferriss is a Best Selling Author that has changed the way people look at passive income. The 4-Hour Workweek book was on the Best Seller List for 7 consecutive years, and for good reason.
He’s an angel investor and/or advisor to Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon, Evernote and Uber – and his podcast reaches millions weekly.
But before I get to the quotes, I wanted to share with you a video from his popular Youtube channel, where he talks about how to become super-productive! Enjoy!
Tim Ferriss Quotes:
- In other words, you can spend all day undermining other people, and even if you’re right, who cares? Anybody can talk about why something’s bad. Try doing something good.
- The key to that satisfaction is to reach the nirvana in which love of practice for its own sake (intrinsic) replaces the original goal (extrinsic) as our grail. The antithesis of mastery is the pursuit of quick fixes.
- I think we go about desiring things all day long, and then wondering why we’re unhappy.
- The day before something is truly a breakthrough, it’s a crazy idea. If it wasn’t a crazy idea, it’s not a breakthrough; it’s an incremental improvement.
- Well, I decided to flip it around and travel when I was really young when I had zero money. And I had experiences that, basically, even a billion dollars couldn’t have bought.
- PICK THE RIGHT AUDIENCE TO SUCK IN FRONT OF “If anybody is going to go out and pitch investors, my advice is to make your first 10 meetings with investors that you don’t really want to fund from because you’re probably going to suck in the beginning. I sucked for a really long time.
- The Beginning is “heart work,” not “head work” “So much of the job is more emotion and ‘heart work’ than it is ‘head work.’ The head comes in after, to look at what the heart has presented and to organize it. But the initial inspiration comes from a different place, and it’s not the head, and it’s not an intellectual activity.
- On my coffee table at home, I have a piece of driftwood. Its sole purpose is to display a quote by Anaïs Nin, which I see every day: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” It’s a short reminder that success can usually be measured by the number of uncomfortable conversations we are willing to have, and by the number of uncomfortable actions we are willing to take.
- Most of history was built by young people. They just got credit when they were older.
- Free education is abundant, all over the Internet. It’s the desire to learn that’s scarce.
- The phrase that I probably use the most to myself in my head is just one word: accept.
- Greatness comes from humble beginnings; it comes from grunt work. It means you’re the least important person in the room—until you change that with results.
- Creativity operates differently. You work hard because you’re inspired to, not because you have to. Work becomes fun, and you have the energy for days because this life is not a “young man’s game.” It is an “inspired person’s game.
- Being busy is not the same as being productive.
- Is that a dream, or a goal? Because a dream is something you fantasize about that will probably never happen. A goal is something you set a plan for, work toward, and achieve
- Learn to be difficult when it counts. In school as in life, having a reputation for being assertive will help you receive preferential treatment without having to beg or fight for it every time.
- You won’t believe what you can accomplish by attempting the impossible with the courage to repeatedly fail better.
- Interrogate the information shared with you by others, and use it as a way to make up your own mind, not a path to follow.
- Everyone struggles. Take solace in that.
- Think of problems like gold mines. The world’s biggest problems are the world’s biggest business opportunities.
- You can use positive constraints to increase perceived free will and results. Free-form days might seem idyllic, but they are paralyzing due to the continual paradox of choice (e.g., “What should I do now?”) and decision fatigue (e.g., “What should I have for breakfast?”)
- I’ve realized that instead of following the trends, you want to identify the trends but not follow them. It’s good to recognize trends, but if you follow them, you get sucked into them, and then you also fall with the trend
- Courage was more important than confidence. When you are operating out of courage, you are saying that no matter how you feel about yourself or your opportunities or the outcome, you are going to take a risk and take a step toward what you want
- I now believe that confidence is achieved through repeated success at any endeavor
- For a long time, I’ve known that the key to getting started down the path of being remarkable in anything is to simply act with the intention of being remarkable
- What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.
- Tomorrow becomes never. No matter how small the task, take the first step now!
- Sometimes having no experience is a huge advantage. Age doesn’t matter; an open mind does
Questions and Action Steps For You:
- What free tool are you going to use for your morning meditation starting tomorrow (if you have not done any meditation before)
Here are some options:
- Headspace is what he mentioned – which is not completely free
- Deep Meditation – a completely free app, supported by minimal apps. That is the app that I use on a daily basis
- Youtube – there are great guided meditations available for free on Youtube just waiting for you to be discovered. A specific channel I recommend is called The Mindful Movement, which has a lot of free, very popular and effective meditations of various lengths and subject available.
- How are you going to practice asking questions today?
Take action steps toward a successful future today!
Do you have all that you desire? The health, the home, the career or the relationship? Look to where you’re investing your time the most, is it dedicated to achieving those desires? ― Rob Liano I’ve never yet run out of ideas what to…
Welcome to my post 20 Think Positive Quotes To Brighten Your Day!
I hope to inspire you from this day forward with positive motivational quotes and posts, to make your day a little brighter, and your week’s flow a little bit better!
- Let true wealth come into your life, by being grateful for what you already have.
- Accept change. It is the only constancy in the Universe.
- Positive routines are only as good, as the energy that you putting into them.
- Daily practice creates mastery
- Listening with an open heart is an act of love.
- If you want to find a positive in any situation, you will find it. If you are looking for the negative, you will find that. Your choice.
- Negative thoughts are like weeds. Tend to them quickly, and they will not be able to take over the garden that is your mind
- Plant the seeds you want to see bloom.
- It does not matter who gets the credit, as long as you get the desired results.
- You are the master of your own emotions. Choose wisely
- It takes conscious effort to train a mind to stay focused on positive outcomes.
- A happy mindset takes practice – work on it daily.
- Replace your complaints with gratitude
- Abundance is created by sharing with others
- Life is not measured by what you have but what you are willing to give
- Internalize the truth that life is happening for you, not to you. It all supports you.
- If you see yourself as a student of life, it will present you with the perfect lessons.
- Accept each situation as is, in order to improve it.
- Experience life moment by moment. The past and the future are irrelevant.
- Raise the quality of your thinking, it determines the quality of your life.
For more amazing bits of wisdom, check out the book Bite Size Happiness – Volume 1 on Amazon. Read my full review of this little gem of a book by visiting Within The Pages Of A Book.
Roses are more than just beautiful flowers – they are a tool to communicate affection, admiration, concern, appreciation, and condolences. One of the most versatile and loved botanical wonders, they have become the pride and joy of many hobby gardeners. The importance of roses reflects…
Hi! I know it is Monday, which seems to be the day that most people dread, as we get back into work mode, from freedom mode. But it does not have to be that way. With the right set of attitude, you can change your Monday, from the day of dread to the day of excitement and positive expectations. Try the following tips to make your Monday a day to look forward to.
- Start the evening before – make sure that you have everything laid out that you need to make the morning less rushed – such as your wardrobe choice, have your purse at the door, and at least contemplated what you will be eating for breakfast
- Get up 5 minutes earlier. Yes, I am telling you to get up earlier, when you already do not want to get up, but if you can make these 5 minutes count, then they will be worth your time and effort. Use the time for a short guided meditation such as the one, I am including below the quote, or if you are religious read a short devotional passage or say a prayer. I personally enjoy the short daily devotions found in A Year Of Miracles by Marianne Williamson as a part of my daily practice.
- Think of three things that happened the day before, that made you happy, or smile. Visualize that experience in great detail, and take a moment to truly feel this experience and the gratitude for it. There has been a mountain of studies done on the importance of a daily gratitude practice, and starting your week in this way, can cement your positive outlook.
- Think of one experience that you are looking forward to this week, and visualize that experience in its greatest happiest detail. Do not fall into the trap of imagining potential problems or a negative outcome, but rather focus on the best possible occurrence and result.
Related Post: How To Be More Patient With Yourself And Others
If you start your week in this positive light, you have an opportunity to carry with you a positive energy that will set you up for a successful week, and you will begin to enjoy your special Monday mornings, instead of dreading them.
Check out the visualization video below:
While Walt Disney might have been a controversial character, he surely left us with a litany of quotes to be inspired by – especially considering how his idea, and company has changed our lives, and touched it in many ways, from our childhood. Could you imagine…