Ready to achieve more success? Allow me to inspire to take the next step with these 30 motivational Road To Success Principles: Quotes and Questions to take the steps needed to forge your way toward the personal and professional success you are looking for! Today,…
Tag: motivational quotes
Whether you have just begun to show interest in mindfulness, or you have been practicing it for years, Thich Nhat Hanh is someone who that is often referenced or quoted in regards to this important practice. Today, I want to focus on this gentle…
Today is the International Day of Charity, which is why I wanted to bring you some inspiration on the subject. But before I get started, I want to define what the word charity means to me personally:
Giving without expecting any return, of either my time, my money, or a combination of both.
I know that others may have a different definition of charity and that in some cases, especially as it relates to charitable organizations, this can have a negative feel, however, I hope this will not distract you from finding a way to do acts of kindness.
How do you define charity?
Note: At the end of the list of quotes, you will find video and action steps, that will improve your life!
- “Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and your verb agrees to serve. You don’t have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito.” – Betty Reese
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” – Albert Pike
- At the end of the day, it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished… it’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back.” – Denzel Washington
- “The greatest gift you can ever give is yourself.” ― Michel Templet
- We never think lightly of those who walk with us on our uphill days.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
- power isn’t controlled at all-power is a strength, and giving that strength to others. A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others so that they may have the strength to stand on their own.” ― Beth Revis
- “There are these amazing little seeds called compassion. You should grow some.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Helping others carries its own rewards, the first of which is a return to humanity.” ― Richard Paul Evans
- Fight vigorously against the wolves, but on behalf of the sheep, not against the sheep. And this you may do by inveighing against the laws and lawgivers, and yet at the same time observing these laws with the weak, lest they are offended until they shall themselves recognize the tyranny, and understand their own liberty.” ― Martin Luther
- “Charity ain’t giving people what you want to give, it’s giving people what they need to get.” ― Terry Pratchett
- “I believe when you integrate charity in your craft and not just think of the fame and riches it would entitle you with, you will feel this true sense of fulfillment.
- “I try not to speak about all the charities and people I help because I believe we can only be truly generous when we expect nothing in return.” ― Muhammad Ali
- “Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it.” ― John D. Rockefeller
- “Examine your heart often to see if it is such toward your neighbor as you would like his to be toward you were you in his place. This is the touchstone of true reason.” ― St. Francis de Sales
- “If you have two shirts in your closet, one belongs to you and the other to the man with no shirt.” ― St. Ambrose
- “The more you put your arm around those that you might naturally look down on, the more you will love yourself. And the more you love yourself, the less need you’ll ever have to find fault or be better than others. And the less we all find fault or have a need to be better than others, the quicker this world becomes a far better place to live.” ― Dan Pearce
- “It is not the number of prayers that will give you happiness, but the number you answer to another person.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “Kindness is a currency that can cover a multitude of interpersonal debts.” ― George Alexiou
- “I think it’s important that we give back to society and our fellow man regardless of our professions. We all need help at times. And when we support each other, we’re all a little stronger.” ― Rhonda Hopkins
- “When in doubt as to what you should do, err on the side of ‘giving.” ― Tony Cleaver
- “The more you give the less your poor” ― Benny Bellamacina
- “Hide your good actions as you would your bad.” ― Zarina Bibi
- “Everyone can choose to live with a golden heart, it is a privilege of loving truly.” ― Angelica Hopes
- “As much as I don’t want it to be true, the reasons I don’t do something define me as a person even more so, perhaps, than the reasons I do something.” ― Dan Pearce
- “While the word charity connotes a single act of giving, justice speaks to right living, of aligning oneself with the world in a way that sustains rather than exploits the rest of creation.” ― Rachel Held Evans
- “Cheerfulness means a contented spirit, a pure heart, a kind, and loving disposition; it means humility and ~ charity, a generous appreciation of others, and a modest opinion of self.” ― William Makepeace
- “The greatest work you will ever do is charity – Author Unknown
- “Be a gift, a light, a blessing as far as the eye can see to answer a call as well as a genuine, compassionate heart can reach.” ― Angelica Hopes
- Social media is a powerful tool to raise awareness and create change. But we must take care not to rely upon it as a reflection of our charitable efforts.” ― Charlie Caruso
- “You see,” she interrupted his blank stare, “it doesn’t take much effort to be kind. It only takes the ability to recognize where kindness is needed.” ― Stephen Reid Andrews
- “It’s hard to make things right for everyone. “But if everybody helped just one person, lots of people would get helped.” ― Linwood Barclay
As some of my regular readers know, I am a firm believer in not just reading about charity and or kindness, but that information is only as useful as the action is that we take afterward. Today, I wanted to share with you a video to inspire you to be more charitable and kind – not only with money (because let’s face it, not all of us are able to give monetary gifts or donations) but also with our time and attention. Mark Kelly – an inspirational podcaster has some absolutely great ideas on how we could all spread a little kindness, and how it will not only benefit the person we are giving it to, but also feel the reward of this action as an increase of our own happiness.
Questions to ponder:
- what little act of kindness can you do, starting today? Make a list, and do them.
- how can you get people you care about involved in doing these acts of kindness as well?
- Consider starting a related journal practice. Journal about what you did, how you felt. I personally would not share this journal with anyone – as I would consider this boasting – but it can help you through times where you might not think that you can actually make a difference, to help you realize how much of a difference you are actually making.
Easy Handmade Crafts, Treats & Inspirations to Fill the World with Kindness
Brighten the lives of family members, friends or strangers with the fun projects in Make & Share Random Acts of Kindness.
Nurses are the unsung heroes, that we often only think about when we need them – but I think they deserve more of our attention, for all that they do for us when we need them the most. This is why I wanted to take…
Today’s post is inspired by a video I found on Facebook. To me, it represents innocent happiness, that is often too easy to see in young children, and animals, but often seems to elude us as adults. I hope you will make room for some innocent happiness today!
1. “True wealth, the kind that really counts, is measured in happiness, not in dollars and cents.” ― Marty Rubin
2.“Happiness is not the achievement of some goal, it’s a mindset, it’s a way of looking at things, it’s a daily practice. Happiness is a way of living.” ― Akiroq Brost
3. “As fleeting as happiness can be, for however long, just having a chance at being happy, is all that we want.” ― Fizza Younis
4. “An ocean has never said, “It’s only a drop”. Waste, not a single moment, an opportunity to show your love, to live your truth. Your life becomes filled by your thoughts, words, intentions, and actions or drained by these very things. Each drop creates an ocean of abundance or a desert of despair.” ― David Cuschieri
5. “Happiness consists of being able to understand yourself; and the reality around you. If you try to do so, you’re on the way to being liberated from suffering and misery. This is perhaps the definition of happiness I mostly resonate with…” ― Vizi Andre
6. “Happiness is the art of learning how to get joy from your substance.” ― Jim Rohn
7. “The path of compassion is to bring more happiness and smiles into the world and to eliminate the pains and cries from the world.” ― Amit Ray
8. “I’ve learned that happiness is more like an effortless state of satisfaction with the present, and it seemed forever elusive.” ― Matt Benson
9. “Be true to who you are! Don’t sit around waiting for approval, life is too short…DO what makes you happy!” ― Rosalie Bardo
10. “What we depend upon for happiness and a sense of fulfillment is reflective of our self-giving character forged through a variety of evocative experiences.” ― Kilroy J. Oldster
11. “True happiness ensues indirectly. It always appears in a state of non-search.” ― Ilie Cioara
12. “Sometimes happiness quietly curls up in your heart just to snuggle.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
13. “Happiness can be found inside our own hearts and not in some shallow relationships. People with integrity know how precious time is and they refuse to waste it on people who don’t bother to respect it!” ― Avijeet Das
14. “You can’t buy happiness, so why not grow your own? All you need is a piece of fertile ground (your beautiful mind) plus some hardy seeds of wisdom, creativity, and plain good sense.” ― Oprah Winfrey
15. “The two crucial points about ‘Happiness’ are to be satisfied and thankful. Once you grasp these two mindsets, no matter how small and pathetic your life may be, it will look perfect in your eyes.” ― Mouna Saadallah
16. “Faith is to believe that at any given moment, we all have everything that we need at that moment…and don’t have what we do not need or what is not good for us. Gratitude is when we start being thankful for all that we have or do not have at that moment. Happiness is a product of this faith and gratitude.” ― Asma Naqi
17. Increasing your happiness will not increase the suffering of others, nor will increasing your suffering make them happier.” ― Rich Hanson
18. “At such moments I don’t think about all the misery, but about the beauty that still remains. This is where Mother and I differ greatly. Her advice in the face of melancholy is: ‘Think about the suffering in the world and be thankful you’re not part of it.’ My advice is: ‘Go outside, to the country, enjoy the sun and all nature has to offer. Go outside and try to recapture the happiness within yourself; think of all the beauty in yourself and in everything around you and be happy. I don’t think Mother’s advice can be right, because what are you supposed to do if you become part of the suffering? You’d be completely lost. On the contrary, beauty remains, even in misfortune. If you just look for it, you discover more and more happiness and regain your balance. A person who’s happy will make others happy; a person who has courage and faith will never die in misery!” ― Anne Frank
19.“It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.”
20. “There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way. There is no way to peace, peace is the way. There is no way to enlightenment, enlightenment is the way.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
21. “Any single happy experience may be amplified or minimized, depending on how much attention you give it.” ― Gretchen Rubin
22. “Happiness is a result of balance rather than intensity.” ― Frank Sonnenberg
23. “If it’s something you want, you can’t wait for a day to be magically special. You gotta go and make the day special yourself.” ― Julia Fellner
24. “The simple act of practicing gratitude, consistently, is your invitation to a new life. Accepting the invitation is now up to you.” ― Josie Robinson
25. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
27. “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” ― Abraham Lincoln
28. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
29. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
30. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it’s all that matters.” ― Audrey Hepburn
The great thing about short quotes is that just like affirmations you can take them with you anywhere. You can write them in your daily journal, place them somewhere on a post-it-note to inspire yourself, or put them on a customized mug as a gift, or for yourself on Zazzle!
Whether you just like to read them or take them with you – quotes that are short are easy to internalize and therefore hold more power than the longer counterpart. Allow me to direct your attention to some stunning quotes from various sources that I collected for you!
- Hate comes from intimidation, love comes from appreciation. – Tyga
- I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong. – Harvey Specter
- Oh, the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
- Determine your priorities and focus on them. – Eileen McDargh
- Be so good they can’t ignore you. – Steve Martin
- Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today. – James Dean
More Quotes Below The Video!
- Never regret anything that made you smile. – Mark Twain
- Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown
- Aspire to inspire before we expire. – Unknown
- Everything you can imagine is real. – Pablo Picasso
- Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
I know that was a lot more than just ten quotes – especially if you count the ones in the video – but, because they are so beautiful and inspirational, I wanted to share more with you then originally planned!
Need some gift ideas? Then share these amazing customizable quote mugs with those you love!
While Walt Disney might have been a controversial character, he surely left us with a litany of quotes to be inspired by – especially considering how his idea, and company has changed our lives, and touched it in many ways, from our childhood. Could you imagine…