Are you a morning person? If not (and I am not naturally inclined to jump out of bed with the most chipper mood either), quotes can assist you in getting into a relaxed, positive or even productive mood, at least they do that for me.…
Tag: quotes on gratitude
Kindness is not just a gift you give to others, but also a gift you should give yourself. Being kind often is looked at as something you do – being kind to our neighbor, being kind to animals, and even to our planet – but…
While having strong self-esteem is essential for success, it is harder to achieve, when life pulls you down, the news is nothing but depressing, and you are surrounded by negative people and situations. But that does not have to be that way. You can achieve high self-esteem, and to assist you on your journey, I have compiled these quotes about self-confidence for you, to motivate you on your way.
Is that enough though? Reading inspirational thoughts? No, I think it is just a start! To get you further on your way, I also included a video, action steps, and over 20 journal prompts!
Powerful Quotes About Self Confidence
- “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” ― Tina Fey
- “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit” ― E.E. Cummings
- “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” ― Sylvia Plath
- “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” ― Coco Chanel
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” ― Lao Tzu
- “Stop spending so much time trying to prove what you already know to people who don’t really matter ― Karen E. Quinones Miller
- “It’s none of your concern what others say or thinks about you. Your happiness is your own responsibility.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
- “So I’ll do that, and I’ll do my best and if my best isn’t good enough, at least I will have done everything I could, everything that is in me. I don’t have to try to be someone else, someone I could never be.” ― Garth Nix
- “Celebrating your achievements and applauding your triumphs is a sure way to refuel your enthusiasm and keep yourself motivated for your future endeavors.” ― Dr. Roopleen
- “Focusing on who you are, and pursuing opportunities to improve your abilities, allows you to be in acceptance of yourself. This makes you a beautiful person who could care less about what others think of you.” ― Ellen J. Barrier
- “Measure yourself by your best moments, not by your worst. We are too prone to judge ourselves by our moments of despondency and depression.” ― Robert Johnson
- “Today is the day you have to start believing in yourself. No one can do it for you anymore.” ― Lauren Graham
- “The first secret of success: Believe in Yourself. Nothing changes in your life until you believe you can do things that are important to you. And if you have a low opinion of yourself, nobody else is likely to raise it.” ― Steve Goodier
- “Ignore what other people think. Most people aren’t even paying attention to you.” ― Amy Poehler
- “Self-confidence is built from the inside out and has little or nothing to do with outside circumstances.” ― Gudjon Bergmann
- “I am not ashamed of my failures, they were necessary for my ultimate success.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “The greatest obstacles I ever had to overcome had been my own insecurities.” ― Charles Shoenfeld
- “Don’t back down just to keep the peace. Standing up for yourself builds self-confidence and self-esteem.” ― Oprah Winfrey
- “The first lesson in constructing viral content is having the strength, courage, and self-confidence to get in touch with your own feelings, thinking about what profoundly affects you.” ― Ken Poirot
- “The greater self-confidence an individual possesses, the less inclined he is to put down others. This says a lot about those who constantly belittle.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
- “You need to be your own cheer squad, not your own worst enemy.” ― Miya Yamanouchi
- “[He] said don’t let them take you over. Walk into the room knowing you are the best. Shoulders back, chin up. Their attitudes will totally change.” ― Misty Copeland
- “There are those who will resent you for not being confined by their limitations.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
- “When the world does its level best to devalue me in ways that are nothing short of brutal, all it does is evidence of my value. For why would it expend such massive amounts of energy attempting to destroy something that’s not there?” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “I don’t have perfect teeth. I’m not stick thin. I want to be the person who feels great in her body and can say that she loves it and doesn’t want to change anything.” ― Emma Watson
- “Stop giving people the power to control your smile, your worth, your attitude and your day. Don’t give anyone that much power over your life.” ― Germany Kent
- “There is no quick fix-all procedure to heal your insecurities. Like any relationship, the relationship with yourself must be built and re-built one kind, loving conversation at a time.” ― Vironika Tugaleva
- “Give yourself a break. When you are alone with your thoughts you should not be arguing.” ― Gary Rudz
- “We have nothing to fear from others because approval and acceptance lie within ourselves. ― Mare Chapman
- “The biggest challenge in life is often to love ourselves” ― Melanie Greenberg
- “Trusting your inner voice, which is one of the critical steps in developing intuition, is predicated on being truly self-confident.” ― Laurie Nadel,
- “Be a lifelong student. The more you learn, the more you earn and the more self-confidence you will have.” ― Brian Tracy
CeCe Olisa – an empowering Lifestyle blogger, Entrepreneur and founder of CurvyCon put together an inspiring and uplifting TedX talk on Self-Esteem and how to gain more self-confidence in 4 easy steps. Check out the action steps, as outlined in this video after you are finished watching it below!
Building your self-confidence – 4 Core Lessons
- Identify your perceived obstacle
- Finish this sentence: My life would be perfect if______________________
- what is that thing that you are using as an excuse to get the life that you really want?
- Imagine what your life would look like if your obstacle disappeared
- visualize the life of your dreams in detail, using as many sensory words as you can
- Address your perceived obstacle
- who can you reach out to, to get the assistance you need to move over this article
- what do you need to learn to eliminate that obstacle and excuse?
- what mindset do you need to adapt to become stronger, and get the qualities that you need to be the person you want to be
- who and what do you need to eliminate out of your life, in order to grow in the person you want to become
- Choose to live the life you have imagined today
- what things can you do today, this week, this month, despite your perceived obstacle?
- schedule those things on your calendar!
Here are some additional journal prompts for self-discovery and growing your self-esteem
- What positive aspects of you make you unique?
- Write a letter to yourself, thanking yourself for all that you have already learned and overcome
- Make a list of your best character traits
- Make a list of character traits you want to have, and why you want to have them
- Make a list of action steps that you can take to acquire these character traits
- What obstacles have you already overcome? Write a list, and be proud of that!
- Write a letter to yourself 5 years from now, thanking yourself for making different decisions to improve yourself
- What are you really good at?
- What are your role models and why?
- What character traits do these role models have that you wish you had?
- Add them to your list of character traits that you want to have, and make an action plan to acquire them as well
- what did you learn in the last year that was important – about yourself and about others?
- What would you like to learn over the course of another year?
- What would happen if you would look at the actions you fear as an experiment?
- What could other people learn from you? 16. what makes you angry about yourself? Why?
- What areas in your life are you too hard on yourself on?
- What are ten things that make you happy?
- How could you bring more of these moments into your daily life?
- are you worried about things that are outside your circle of control?
- Do you really think that worrying about something outside of your control is going to change anything?
- Make a list of things that are inside of your circle of control
A question to my readers:
Would you like for me to give you access to a PDF version of all of the journal prompts I have featured on this blog so far?
Let me know if that is something you would be interested in, in the comments below!
Many of us have goals and dreams, that we would like to realize. However, many of us also lack the motivation and self-discipline to accomplish them. That is why I have chosen today to compile a list of Motivational Quotes for Life and Success for…
Whether you have just begun to show interest in mindfulness, or you have been practicing it for years, Thich Nhat Hanh is someone who that is often referenced or quoted in regards to this important practice. Today, I want to focus on this gentle…
There have been plenty of studies conducted that validate the importance of optimism and positive thinking in our daily lives to improve not only the quality of life but to gain and keep success.
I love how quotes and affirmations aid us along the way!
Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you – Mary Lou Retton
“In life, if you want to be happy, choose to be optimistic.”
― Lionel Suggs
“I can’t die yet, honey. I haven’t finished counting the stars and don’t you know, my darling girl, that you will never be alone, because there is always love, and love lives forever.”
― Barbara Freethy
“There are different types of people in the world. There are people who accept what’s in front of them unquestioningly. They live in the dark. In defeat. Ignoring what the future might bring or how they might help to make things happen. Then there are people like me. Optimists. They too live in the dark, in times like these, but dream of the light. I trust in the possibilities of betterness. I believe there is more to life than this. I have to. There are no other choices for me.”
― Jeyn Roberts
“If you have confidence, if you believe in yourself, you can go anywhere.”
― Katie Kacvinsky
“Life has too many disappointments to make room for negativity.”
― Daniel Willey
“I’m feeling grand. I’m on a rollercoaster only going up.”
― Augustus Waters
“You know you’re not perfect and that’s good. Perfect is boring. You have a lot to offer. A lot more to experience and so many things to learn. There are more pages to fill up so act your age.”
― Happy Positivity
“Laugh as if it’s funny, embrace as if it’s love, and smile anyway.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich
“When things are bad, be thankful…they are not as bad as they could be.”
― Dixie Waters
Focus On Your Dreams
“Be positive with every idea surrounding your dreams. Think about the possibility of what you plan to do and approach it with an optimistic action. Stay positively.”
― Israelmore Ayivor
“One definition of success is achieving what your haters don’t want you to achieve. Them wanting you not to achieve it means it’s worth a lot.”
― Mohammed Zeyara
“Discipline your mind to think positively; to see the good in every situation and look on the best side of every event.”
― Roy Bennett
“I’m optimistic about the possibility of having a positive attitude”
― Stuart Blythe
“Surround yourself with positive people who believe in your dreams, encourage your ideas, support your ambitions, and bring out the best in you.”
― Roy Bennett
If you are looking for a positive book to read on a regular basis, I highly recommend that you should check out How To Stop Worrying And Start Living by Dale Carnegie. While this might be a book published a while ago, its truths have not lost its powers. As a timeless classic of self-help books, and positive thinking literature, it is a must read. And it is now available on Amazon Kindle.
Gratitude is the wine of the soul. Go on. Get drunk!
To praise the sun is to praise your own eyes – Rumi
Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life – Rumi
If you enjoy Rumi, then you probably will enjoy this book:
365 of Coleman Barks’s elegant and beautiful translations of Rumi’s greatest poems, including fifteen never-before-published poems.